ČvT – Programový manažer, Barma
Typ pozice: Placená práce
Lokalita: Yangon, Barma
Termín nástupu: Prosinec 2014
People in Need (PIN) (www.peopleinneed.cz/en) is an international, non-profit organization providing humanitarian and development assistance in twenty-nine countries around the world. In Myanmar, People in Need started to work in 2002, when it launched the financial assistance to civil society groups and independent media. After 2008, PIN provided humanitarian and relief aid to people affected by typhoon Nargis. Since 2012, PIN has been operating directly from Myanmar, working mainly in the good governance sector where we aim to strengthen local civil society initiatives. PIN´s main objective is to help build-up the capacity of local civil society through promoting partnerships, offering technical assistance and providing financial aid.
Position Title: Program Manager (child protection program)
Location: Yangon (Myanmar) and travels to fields
Starting date: 1st December 2014
Duration: 1, 5 years
Line Manager: Country Director
Summary of position
The Program Manager will play a key role in PIN´s program on child protection in three regional areas of Myanmar (Mandalay Division, Sagaing Division and Shan State). This position will include starting the new program on child protection in and around monastic schools, leading implementation in awareness raising activities, capacity building and development of strong collaboration with the implementing partner. The Program Manager´s position will be located in Yangon but will require travels to regional areas to monitor the partner organization. In addition, this position will support identification of implementation strategies of PIN´s program. The Program Manager works under the supervision of PIN´s Country Director and manages Project Manager and Area Coordinators.
- For the approved funds, develops implementations plans and strategies and supervises implementation of PIN´s child protection program using rights-based approach and child participation methods.
- Ensures all aspects of project cycle management, including planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting, financial management, etc.
- Leads and motivates the local team.
- Enhances the technical capacity of the local team members (Project Manager, Area Coordinators) in order to build their expertise in child protection.
- Makes sure that child protection norms and standards are understood by all staff members.
- Contributes to development of capacity building package (training materials, trainings´ modules and subgrants) on child protection and case-management mechanism for monastic schools.
- Implements capacity building trainings on child protection and case management to the partner organization, community facilitators and school and community members.
- Ensures compliance with all given guidelines and procedures, both internal (PIN’s) and those of other donors (incl. procurement, accounting, contract approvals, reporting, visibility, etc.).
- Oversees financial management of the assigned project together with Financial/Administrative Officer, incl. budget follow-up, cash-flow and spending.
- Foster the partnership with the implementing partner and chairs the Steering Committee of the project implementation in child protection.
- Regularly represents PIN at the Child Protection Technical Working Group (UNICEF) and communicates with all relevant stakeholders, including LNGOs, INGOs and IOs, regarding the outputs of the program.
- Supports identification of new projects, incl. proposal writing.
- Other relevant assignments corresponding to actual needs of the program.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in program management dealing with child protection in schools and local communities based on rights-based perspective.
- Experience in implementing program interventions together with local organizations and in fostering their capacities in child protection.
- Strong ability to analyse the local situation and solve problems together with the team and with implementing partners.
- Excellent written and spoken English knowledge.
- Excellent managerial, networking and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work in multicultural, multireligious and multiethnic team.
- Proactive, detail oriented and highly organized with ability to multi-task.
- Team-player and positive personality.
- Previous work experience with NGOs or international organization (INGOs, International Organizations) is considered an advantage.
- Previous working experience in Myanmar is considered an advantage.
• Start up salary 2 530 USD (before taxation, perdiems included)
• Reimbursement of travel expenses with travel to the country of residence once per every 6 months of work,
• Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations; assistance with visa application procedure;
• Medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on line;
• Travel medical insurance
• Accommodation is in PIN guesthouse
• 25 days of paid leave annually
Interested persons should send a cover letter along with a current C.V. (please include at least 3 contacts for reference), no later than 30th September 2014 to the following mail address:email@example.com..
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.