Charita – pracovní nabídka Filipíny
Country Representative for the Philippines
Superior: Country Manager Philippines
Duty station: Basey Municipality, Samar Province, Philippines
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) Department for Humanitarian Aid and Development Cooperation (HPRS) is a Department of the General Secretariat of CCR in the Czech Republic. CCR is a respected member of the Caritas Internationalis network, and enjoys a strong relationship with global CI partners. In line with the vision of Caritas Europa, CCR works in the Czech Republic and aboard to realize a vision of a civilization of love and justice where every human person can flourish and live in peace and dignity as part of one human family.
Following the severe damage caused by Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines, Caritas Czech Republic managed to raise funding to support the typhoon victims in the affected areas. Caritas Czech Republic is currently cooperating with local partners on the island of Samar on livelihood projects. The livelihood projects implemented have a necessary focus on Disaster Risk Reduction in order to prepare for future disasters. Capacity building of the partner is an essential part of CCR’s work. In order to do so successfully, Caritas Czech Republic is coordinating with national and local, church and civil society structures.
To coordinate the above activities, CCR is therefore looking for a Country Representative for the Philippines.
Coordination and Representation
- Representation of Caritas Czech Republic in the Philippines in all relevant matters.
- Coordination with the Czech Embassy in Manila through regular visits, activity updates and monitoring visits.
- Coordination with local structures, such as Caritas Philippines (NASSA), dioceses, church structures, civil society structures
- Coordination with government organizations and tracking governmental and legal procedures
- Coordination with international and national humanitarian actors, such as other Czech- and INGOs, EU and UN agencies.
- Coordination with the Caritas Internationalis network and member organizations in country.
- Conduct regular monitoring and evaluation activities of project implemented by local partners
- Conduct monthly financial audits of project records of local partners
- Conduct monthly review of project narrative reports of local partners
- Attend key project events supported by CCR in the Philippines
- Prepare monthly activity reports detailing all different projects
Capacity Building of Local Partners
- Offer local partners on-the-job training in needs assessments, project management (PCM), financial management, HR, logistic/procurement management, M&E and reporting systems
- Support the partner in finding solutions for project bottlenecks
- Outreach to potential partners/donors after preliminary agreement and in coordination with the Country Manager
- Strategic Development
- Identification of potential sectoral areas of intervention in the country
- Identification of potential geographical areas of intervention in the country
- Drafting yearly strategic plans of intervention in the Philippines in coordination with the Country Manager
Education: Masters degree in field relevant to international development assistance (Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration or equivalent management level experience).
- Experience working in a field/ mission setting in the field of international humanitarian aid and development assistance. Minimum 3 years
- Experience in proposal writing in a complex donor context
- Experience in project cycle management in a complex multi-donor context
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of livelihood projects in a recovery and/or development setting
- Experience in capacity building of local partners
- Highly organized
- Pro-active; have a diplomatic attitude and well developed intercultural skills
- Able to work under stress in simple working and living conditions
- Be physically and mentally fit for the work
- Respect for the mission and vision of Caritas Czech Republic
- Fluency in written and spoken English (required)
- Excellent skills with MS Office
- Interesting and useful work
- Experience in working in diverse cultural environments and self-fulfillment
- Friendly and experienced team
- Opportunity for professional development
Starting: December 2014 (from January 2015 in Philippines)
Place of work: Basey Municipality, Samar Province, Philippines
How to apply:
Send 1-page motivation letter in English confirming that you meet the requirements above and a CV in Czech or English to the address below on or before 24 October 2014.
Send CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Subject: Country Representative Philippines
CV and Cover letter should be labeled as follows:
- Last Name, First Name, Country Representative SS_CV
- Last Name, First Name, Country Representative SS_Cover Letter
Only candidates selected for an interview will receive a response.
PLEASE NOTE: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Caritas Czech Republic reserves the right to cancel the application process at any stage.