ČvT – Country Director
Country Director, Georgia and Armenia
People in Need has been working in Armenia since 2003 and in Georgia since 2005. We primarily focus on projects in the education, civil society development, small business and livelihoods, and migration. People in Need is seeking the Head of Mission in this region.
Location: Armenia, Georgia (based both in Tbilisi and Yerevan)
Starting date: ASAP/ according to availability
Length of Contract: 24 months with possibility of extension
The main role of Head of Mission is to ensure overall missions management, HR management and capacity building of national team, financial stabilization and mission´s further strategic development, coordination of regional offices; together with representation towards donors, partners and local authorities.
- overall management of both national and international employees in both countries
- strategic planning and mission´s development in accordance with PIN´s priorities and needs of the particular region
- fundraising and liaising with institutional donors
- supervision on the financial management,
- programs supervision and development incl. project proposal drafting and writing, reporting, and monitoring & evaluation,
- representation of PIN towards media, public, partners, embassies, EC and local authorities
Suitable candidate has:
- Solid leadership and staff management skills, with a record of managing large, diverse teams and contributing to the capacity building to national and international staff
- Knowledge of institutional donor environment, proven experience with donor relations, proposal development and external communications.
- Program strategic planning, project cycle management, knowledge of the institutional donor environment , including the EC and other major donors agencies
- understanding of principles of humanitarian and development work
- excellent working knowledge of English, knowledge of Russian or local languages is a great advantage
- university degree in field close to PIN activities in region
- Knowledge and understanding of advocacy, policy development and community-driven development practices.
- Experience in the Caucasus region or CIS countries
- Experience with professional and flexible NGO, the largest one in Central-Eastern Europe
- Accommodation and local transport costs covered
- 2 flights to home country covered per year
- Financial bonuses based on performance twice a year
- Costs of visas and vaccination covered
- 25 days of holiday per year
- Medical helpdesk (in Czech Republic, provided in English)
- Medical travel insurance (covers the health care incl. the repatriation)
- Introduction and training in Prague
Interested candidates are kindly asked to submit your applications via email email@example.com, the closing date is January 10th 2015. Please kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.