Job offer – PSEA Officer (Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) for LWF World Service
PSEA Officer (Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) for LWF World Service
The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) represents 143 member churches in the Lutheran tradition in 79 countries all over the world. The department for World Service is the internationally recognized humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation, assisting people in need irrespective of their ethnicity, religion or gender. The Headquarters of LWF World Service is in Geneva, 23 country programs work in Latin-America, Asia and Africa with more than 5,000 staff. For more information about LWF World Service, please check: https://www.lutheranworld.org/content/world-service
LWF World Service is committed to zero tolerance to sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) by its staff and related personnel, and has developed in 2020 a new policy underlining this commitment. LWF World Service has undergone successfully an assessment on protection from sexual exploitation and abuse by UNICEF. To maintain the level of accreditation at one side and to enhance and harmonize its PSEA and safeguarding work at the other side, LWF World Service has developed a project that will be implemented in 2021.
LWF Prague seeks to contract an Officer for PSEA /Safeguarding that will implement the project and supports overall the improvement of LWF World Service work on PSEA and safeguarding across the country programs.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Period: one year
Work time: 100%
Basic position requirements:
· Knowledge and experience in the fields of safeguarding, gender and sexual based violence, child protection or compliance, preferably in development-oriented or humanitarian organizations, is an asset.
· Practical experience in conceiving, delivering and documenting capacity building
· Interactive training and exchanges
· Experience with online courses, discussion forums, updating content of websites
· English and French fluent; Czech language not needed
· Work experience in a development-oriented or humanitarian NGO.
· Able to work within a virtual team in an international environment
· Able to travel within Europe and to Country Programs (up to 21 days) upon request
This position has as main purpose to implement the PSEA Enhancement project with LWF country programs. Main aspects of this are:
1. Creation of training material in a participatory way – in French and English
2. Running and organizing interactive online events on different PSEA and safeguarding topics
3. Creating and strengthening of a network of PSEA focal points or officers in the field and harmonizing related focal point functions to improve efficiency
4. Select, prepare and apply communication tools
5. Update Content of LWF PSEA /Safeguarding Website
6. Work with a designer to develop illustrations to be used for the field-based communication and training material
7. Communicate proactively on achievements to increase visibility of the topics
8. Document lessons learnt, monitor the implementation of the PSEA Enhancement project and develop a mainstreaming strategy for safeguarding Contribute to further fundraising for PSEA and safeguarding – at global and field level
Position environment and dimensions:
The position holder works as part of an international team that is located in different places. The position holder will cooperate closely with the Global Compliance and Complaints Officer based in Helsinki, and the Gender Justice and Child Protection Focal Points in Geneva. The line manager is the Global Coordinator for Systems Development, Quality Assurance, Accountability and Compliance in Geneva.
The position is located in LWF Prague and is a part of the Quality Assurance and Accountability Team. The working language in LWF Prague is English.
· Duration of the contract: one year
· Only Czech nationals or candidates with valid work permit in Czech Republic
Applications in English or French (CV + Cover letter + examples of your work – courses, websites etc.) accepted until 23 April .
Contact: Dominika Nedvedova at email@example.com